Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Is that you in that squadron pic RUN?

Last post 05-28-1999, 7:46 PM by anonymous2. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-27-1999, 11:41 PM 628

Is that you in that squadron pic RUN?

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi RUN,

Just taking a look in the Gallery when I noticed a picture of a squadron. Looks like it was taken in the training days. Is that you RUN, second from top left. Going from the left to right. He looks very proud that day. Graduation?

Rapier
  •  05-28-1999, 12:10 AM 630 in reply to 628

Re:Is that you in that squadron pic RUN?

*** Posted by run ***
    Bottum all the way to the right. Red shirt. Just finished T-38.
    run

[Hi RUN,

Just taking a look in the Gallery when I noticed a picture of a squadron. Looks like it was taken in the training days. Is that you RUN, second from top left. Going from the left to right. He looks very proud that day. Graduation?

Rapier]
  •  05-28-1999, 12:34 AM 632 in reply to 630

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Ahh, I see you! You have got a bigger smile on your face than the other guy I mentioned. You must be extra proud!

Why some of the faces look sad/serious RUN. These pilots look as though they are unhappy.

Was your Father in the RDAF or have you relations in the RDAF as well?

Thanx
    Rapier
  •  05-28-1999, 12:40 AM 634 in reply to 632

*** Posted by run ***
    [Ahh, I see you! You have got a bigger smile on your face than the other guy I mentioned. You must be extra proud!

Why some of the faces look sad/serious RUN. These pilots look as though they are unhappy.

Was your Father in the RDAF or have you relations in the RDAF as well?

Thanx
    Rapier
    ]
    I don't know about the smiles.

My best friend since kindergarden is also in the RDAF.

run
  •  05-28-1999, 12:48 AM 637 in reply to 634

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Your best friend hey. Do you keep in touch? He's not in the same squadron though.

Rapier

[---snip---My best friend since kindergarden is also in the RDAF.

run---snip---]
  •  05-28-1999, 1:55 AM 639 in reply to 637

*** Posted by run ***
    [Your best friend hey. Do you keep in touch? He's not in the same squadron though.
    ]
    Yes he is in the same squadron.
    run
  •  05-28-1999, 2:03 AM 643 in reply to 639

Squadron Friend

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi,

That's great, so you occassionally fly together on practice missions. I hope you dont mind me asking this, but what is your scedual in the RDAF RUN? I notice that you are up very late like me sometimes, dont you have to get up early in the morning if you are a pilot or are you on leave?

Regards

Rapier
  •  05-28-1999, 2:05 AM 644 in reply to 643

Re:Squadron Friend

*** Posted by run ***
    [Hi,

That's great, so you occassionally fly together on practice missions. I hope you dont mind me asking this, but what is your scedual in the RDAF RUN? I notice that you are up very late like me sometimes, dont you have to get up early in the morning if you are a pilot or are you on leave?

Regards

Rapier]
    I'm at school right now, studying to become captain. It takes a year where you don't fly. I've got 1½ months left.
    run
  •  05-28-1999, 2:19 AM 647 in reply to 644

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi Captain,

Hmm strange why they dont keep you in the air, the aircraft will probably feel a bit strange but when your back in that seat it will all come back to because the F-16 must be so nice to fly.
    I can appreciate that the course must be demanding but if I was the course co-ordinator I would put in the plane to test some things that you have learned from studying. Do they do this with most Airforces? I am sure you will piss this course RUN, 1.5 months is not long. I bet you cant wait to get in the air again.

Rapier

[I'm at school right now, studying to become captain. It takes a year where you don't fly. I've got 1½ months left.
    run]
  •  05-28-1999, 3:26 PM 652 in reply to 647

*** Posted by run ***
    The Captain school is the same for all officers, so it doesn't have much to do with flying. Just stuff you need to be a leader
    run

[Hi Captain,

Hmm strange why they dont keep you in the air, the aircraft will probably feel a bit strange but when your back in that seat it will all come back to because the F-16 must be so nice to fly.
    I can appreciate that the course must be demanding but if I was the course co-ordinator I would put in the plane to test some things that you have learned from studying. Do they do this with most Airforces? I am sure you will piss this course RUN, 1.5 months is not long. I bet you cant wait to get in the air again.

Rapier
    ]
  •  05-28-1999, 7:14 PM 656 in reply to 652

Captain

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hello Captain,

Do you set your sites on becoming promoted even further in the future or are you ok with just captain? If you want to have a higher rank then Captain do you have to go back to School again?

Rapier
  •  05-28-1999, 7:46 PM 659 in reply to 656

Re:Captain

*** Posted by run ***
    I don't want to be more than Captain because you fly less when you advance in the ranks.
    run
    [Hello Captain,

Do you set your sites on becoming promoted even further in the future or are you ok with just captain? If you want to have a higher rank then Captain do you have to go back to School again?

Rapier]
View as RSS news feed in XML