Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

www.jets.dk?

Last post 05-17-1999, 1:57 AM by anonymous2. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-10-1999, 8:20 PM 350

www.jets.dk?

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi RUN,

I just wanted to ask you a couple of things.

1, Did you design and construct www.jets.dk youtself? If so, what software, tools did you use to construct the site?
    2, How long did it take to build?
    3, Where did you get the idea to constuct www.jets.dk?

The reason I am asking John is that I am planning to design my own web site and I love the way www.jets.dk has been layed out. It's great! Perhaps you could let me know where I could find some info with regards to web design, I know there's loads of info on the net but I find myself easily confused in this situation.

Oh one other thing John. When I'm on the Forum I sometimes forget what Forum catagory I'm in. Do you think it will be a good idea to have this under the Forum title at the top of the screen to help with confusion.

I hope you can assist me in this situation. All comments welcome!

Regards

Rapier
  •  05-10-1999, 9:15 PM 354 in reply to 350

Re:www.jets.dk?

*** Posted by RUN ***
    [Hi RUN,

I just wanted to ask you a couple of things.

1, Did you design and construct www.jets.dk youtself? If so, what software, tools did you use to construct the site?
    2, How long did it take to build?
    3, Where did you get the idea to constuct www.jets.dk?

The reason I am asking John is that I am planning to design my own web site and I love the way www.jets.dk has been layed out. It's great! Perhaps you could let me know where I could find some info with regards to web design, I know there's loads of info on the net but I find myself easily confused in this situation.

Oh one other thing John. When I'm on the Forum I sometimes forget what Forum catagory I'm in. Do you think it will be a good idea to have this under the Forum title at the top of the screen to help with confusion.

I hope you can assist me in this situation. All comments welcome!

Regards

Rapier]

Hi Rapier

Thanks for the AMRAAM. Its now in the Interactive f16

1. Yes I did www.jets.dk myself. To begin with it was called Run's Website & was located at www.neotown.com which has now closed.
    To begin with I used a lot of fancy tools, but now I'm almost writing all my code in simple programs like Ultraedit (an enhanced wordpad). All the fancy footwork is done with the programming language Active Server Pages ASP (features in the forum, gallery, guestbook, historic dates, jokes & news) & relies on databases.

2. How long it took is hard to say because I've divided it up over time. The most time consuming was/is building up the database with the historic dates.
    The funnest part was making the forum.

3. When I started the academy I didn't have much to do in my sparetime, so I thought it could be fun to make a presense on the web. I've also made a little money on webdesigns, but it wasn't that much fun because I was kind of tied on hands & feet and couldn't do it the way I liked it.

One of the best places to start out is in the newsgroups.

I will definetly use the idea about putting the catagory name at the top of the page in my next update. Thanks

I'm also planing to "archive" some of the older messages, so it doesn't take so long to load the forum.
    + I'm planing to make a feature which lets people know, by email, when somebody has answered their questions.

What do you think of these ideas ?

RUN
  •  05-10-1999, 10:02 PM 355 in reply to 354

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    [---snip---

Hi Rapier

Thanks for the AMRAAM. Its now in the Interactive f16

1. Yes I did www.jets.dk myself. To begin with it was called Run's Website & was located at www.neotown.com which has now closed.
    To begin with I used a lot of fancy tools, but now I'm almost writing all my code in simple programs like Ultraedit (an enhanced wordpad). All the fancy footwork is done with the programming language Active Server Pages ASP (features in the forum, gallery, guestbook, historic dates, jokes & news) & relies on databases.

2. How long it took is hard to say because I've divided it up over time. The most time consuming was/is building up the database with the historic dates.
    The funnest part was making the forum.

3. When I started the academy I didn't have much to do in my sparetime, so I thought it could be fun to make a presense on the web. I've also made a little money on webdesigns, but it wasn't that much fun because I was kind of tied on hands & feet and couldn't do it the way I liked it.

One of the best places to start out is in the newsgroups.

I will definetly use the idea about putting the catagory name at the top of the page in my next update. Thanks

I'm also planing to "archive" some of the older messages, so it doesn't take so long to load the forum.
    + I'm planing to make a feature which lets people know, by email, when somebody has answered their questions.

What do you think of these ideas ?

RUN]
    ---snip---]

Hi RUN,

Thanks for all the info regarding the Web design, I know what road I should be going down now to find the right kind of tools and info.

With regards to the AMRAAM pic, it's a pleasure to help. I found it in a magazine which I like to buy every now and again called "Combat Aircraft". I always buy it when it's got an F-16 on the front page or on the inside, it's a good read. So if you need anything all you have to do is ask RUN ok. Who knows, they might do a feature about the RDAF F-16's ;)

Archiving the older messages RUN is good because it allows new users to catch up on all messages that they have missed, and I think it's comming quite common to do that on most forums, but the idea about the e-mailing once your message has been replied is a brilliant idea and I have not seen it done before. If you could some how do this in the next update it would be great!

Regards

Rapier
  •  05-11-1999, 6:38 PM 385 in reply to 355

*** Posted by run ***
    [Hi RUN,

Thanks for all the info regarding the Web design, I know what road I should be going down now to find the right kind of tools and info.

With regards to the AMRAAM pic, it's a pleasure to help. I found it in a magazine which I like to buy every now and again called "Combat Aircraft". I always buy it when it's got an F-16 on the front page or on the inside, it's a good read. So if you need anything all you have to do is ask RUN ok. Who knows, they might do a feature about the RDAF F-16's ;)

Archiving the older messages RUN is good because it allows new users to catch up on all messages that they have missed, and I think it's comming quite common to do that on most forums, but the idea about the e-mailing once your message has been replied is a brilliant idea and I have not seen it done before. If you could some how do this in the next update it would be great!

Regards

Rapier]

I just fixed some stuff. People should get notified by email now.

RUN
  •  05-12-1999, 6:30 PM 410 in reply to 385

*** Posted by Kim Nielsen ***

I just fixed some stuff. People should get notified by email now.

RUN]

Works all right!!
    I'we got the first yesterday, and was rather confused as You might know since I returned comments to it by "reply to author"!

Kim
  •  05-17-1999, 1:57 AM 444 in reply to 410

*** Posted by RUN ***
    [Works all right!!
    I'we got the first yesterday, and was rather confused as You might know since I returned comments to it by "reply to author"!

Kim]

I just added an option so people can get rid of the email if they don't like it.

RUN
View as RSS news feed in XML