Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

College question...

Last post 07-28-2006, 8:38 AM by Warpaint. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-11-2005, 11:07 AM 2832

• Lt. is not online. Last active: 03-14-2005, 6:34 PM Lt.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-13-2004
    • United States of America
    • Posts 11

College question...

Last time I was on, eveyone was planning to go to the AFA I'm not saying theres anything wrong with going to the AFA but what about those who can't get into the academy? I'm thinking Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and wanted to know if anyone is going there or has friends going to that college. I'm thinking my major will be Aeronautical Science, Airline Pilot Specialty because after my career in the Air Force(Fighter Pilot) I would like to fly for a major airliner. So I guess I would like to know how is ERAU? (Is it impossable to pass the tests,is it impossable to even get in?) Thank for anything you guys have to say.

-Lt.

•  07-28-2006, 8:38 AM 3520 in reply to 2832

Re: College question...

Hi Lt.

Sorry this response is way late and may not even be relevant for you anymore, but I actually applied and almost went to Embry Riddle (got accepted there but ended up going to the University of Michigan to study Aerospace Engineering).  I did have a buddy that went to ER, went through their Army ROTC program, and is now a major in the Army reserve here in Michigan.  It seemed to work for him, although he doesn't fly now, he did while he was at ER and does work in the aviation field and loves it.  If you are still debating this college, I can probably put you in touch directly with him.

P.S.  Aerospace was a horrible industry while I was in college (lots of layoffs, etc.), so I ended up changing majors and became a CPA.  I still love aviation though, so I started my own aviation related company (www.warpaintllc.com).

View as RSS news feed in XML