Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Questions... to all the Pilots!

Last post 05-10-2005, 2:00 PM by Boaz Bagbag. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-08-2001, 2:23 PM 1380

Questions... to all the Pilots!

*** Posted by Ace ***
    Hello military pilots! I keep playing Falcon 4.0 and keep wondering-how close is this simulation to reality? If any of you ever played the game please answer!
    And something else..the oxygen mask is on the helmet right? But when you get on the Falcon where do you plug it in?

Thanks for your attention!!!
  •  05-09-2001, 4:23 PM 1385 in reply to 1380

Re:Questions... to all the Pilots!

*** Posted by RUN *** I have only played Falcon 4.0 a couple of times, but I would say it is probably the most realistic sim available to the public. It is actually a little easier flying the real thing ;o) Especially formation flying (Air refueling), but that may be because I was using the keyboard and didn't have a good stick. The oxygen hose from the helmet hooks up to a hose in the jet. Regards (Run) [Hello military pilots! I keep playing Falcon 4.0 and keep wondering-how close is this simulation to reality? If any of you ever played the game please answer! And something else..the oxygen mask is on the helmet right? But when you get on the Falcon where do you plug it in? Thanks for your attention!!!]
  •  05-21-2001, 3:23 AM 1412 in reply to 1385

Re:Questions... to all the Pilots!

*** Posted by Ace *** Yeah, Falcon 4.0 is the best! Thanks! [I have only played Falcon 4.0 a couple of times, but I would say it is probably the most realistic sim available to the public. It is actually a little easier flying the real thing ;o) Especially formation flying (Air refueling), but that may be because I was using the keyboard and didn't have a good stick. The oxygen hose from the helmet hooks up to a hose in the jet. Regards (Run) Hello military pilots! I keep playing Falcon 4.0 and keep wondering-how close is this simulation to reality? If any of you ever played the game please answer! And something else..the oxygen mask is on the helmet right? But when you get on the Falcon where do you plug it in? Thanks for your attention!!!]
  •  10-08-2002, 11:47 PM 1994 in reply to 1412

Re: Re:Questions... to all the Pilots!

I am a crew chief that works on the F-16s at Hill A.F.B. in Ut. These jets are preaty easy to fly. I had a ride in a 2 seater not to long ago and got to grab the stick! What fun! The game is way harder to manuver if u dont have a good stick to play with. I have the sidewinder2 which is a preety descent stick, for the price.
  •  12-06-2004, 6:37 PM 2729 in reply to 1385

>>"The oxygen hose from the helmet hooks up to a hose in the jet."<<

Technically, the pilot's oxygen connection is attached to the ejection seat and the ejection seat get its oxygen from the jet.  In the event of an ejection, the seat is equipped with a small oxygen bottle good for 5 to 10 minutes and it automatically switches to the internal bottle when you pull the ejection handle.  The 5 to 10 minutes is long enough to survive the ejection at high altitude till you drop down to a low enough altitude to breath on your own.  If you land in the water, you can actually breath underwater for a short time till you come to the surface.  That's why the post ejection procedures over water are different than overland.  Overland you want to loosen you oxygen mask before ground impact in case you're knocked unconsious.  If you're unconcious when your seat oxygen goes empty, your dead.  But when you eject over water you cinch up your oxygen mask straps to make sure it has a water tight seal around your face.  You can breath underwater till you come to the surface.  Once at the surface, you loosen your oxgen mask or dump it entirely.

•  12-07-2004, 9:58 AM 2731 in reply to 2729

KenV wrote:

Technically, the pilot's oxygen connection is attached to the ejection seat and the ejection seat get its oxygen from the jet.  In the event of an ejection, the seat is equipped with a small oxygen bottle good for 5 to 10 minutes and it automatically switches to the internal bottle when you pull the ejection handle.  The 5 to 10 minutes is long enough to survive the ejection at high altitude till you drop down to a low enough altitude to breath on your own.  If you land in the water, you can actually breath underwater for a short time till you come to the surface.  That's why the post ejection procedures over water are different than overland.  Overland you want to loosen you oxygen mask before ground impact in case you're knocked unconsious.  If you're unconcious when your seat oxygen goes empty, your dead.  But when you eject over water you cinch up your oxygen mask straps to make sure it has a water tight seal around your face.  You can breath underwater till you come to the surface.  Once at the surface, you loosen your oxgen mask or dump it entirely.

In the F-16 things are a little different. The hose from your mask is connected to a connector on your harness and that connector is in turn connected to the aircraft and also the emergency bottle on your seat.
    Also, our ejection procedures are the same over land and water concerning the mask. We get rid of it !. If you are unconcious when you land in water and you haven't removed your mask it is automatically removed after contact with water. Your risers are also automatically disconnected and your vest is inflated. You get your boat already while hanging in the chute.
    I guess they figured if you get knocked unconcious at ejection there is no garantie you are going to wake up before the oxygen is used.Wink
  •  05-10-2005, 2:00 PM 2912 in reply to 1994

Cool how much do you want for this?
View as RSS news feed in XML