Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

AVITOP.COM aviation banner exchange

Last post 07-26-2017, 3:14 PM by EuniceStephens. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-11-2002, 6:49 AM 1996

AVITOP.COM aviation banner exchange

I'm not sure if I missed something, but is there any way to check my banner stats such as impressions on my site, impr. of my banner, click thru rates etc.? This should include the possibility to change the banner occasionally.

Also the script adds a text link "Avitop.com Aviation banner exchange - Join now!" below the banner, but when you click it it redirects to the homepage http://www.avitop.com/ and there is no option to join the banner exchange.

Peter.
    --
    The GLOBEMASTER US Military Aviation Database on
    http://www.globemaster.de/
  •  10-11-2002, 1:59 PM 1997 in reply to 1996

Re: AVITOP.COM aviation banner exchange

Hi Peter

You can check your banner stats by logging into your Aviation Top 100 account http://avitop.com/aviation/default.asp#login and then press the Banner Exchange link.

The link "Avitop.com Aviation banner exchange - Join now!" leads to http://www.avitop.com/banner which in turn redirects to http://www.avitop.com/. You are correct that this is misleading and we did it initially to limit the amount of new sign-ups. We will change this ASAP, so people are lead to some information about the Banner Exchange.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Run
  •  10-14-2002, 12:47 PM 2002 in reply to 1997

Well I want to add on this subject that I really appreciate it that you are providing this banner exchange. After airshowreport and aeroseek both stopped their banner exchange services, no proper (military) aviation banner exchange was available to my knowledge. It is nice to have a working banner exchange again. Not only for the advertising but also because it is a great way to discover new quality websites on the subject!

Thanks and keep up the good work!
  •  10-15-2002, 1:06 AM 2006 in reply to 1997

Hmm...I feel like a beginner....so treat me like that.
    When I login to my account stats, it only has a link "Join Banner Exchange" and when I click that, well, like the name says, I can join the banner exchange. But I don't see any link that lets me check my stats.

So could you please describe again (a little more detailed for us slow thinkers) how to access my banner exchange stats.

Referring to milavia's post I totally agree...it's good to have an aviation banner exchange on this server since others like ASR are obviously to busy with opening pop-ups to all their other pages instead of being a good aviation website.

How many members are there currently in the AVITOP banner exchange? Do you have a public members list? I'd really like to know where our banners are shown.

Go ahead,
    Peter.
  •  10-15-2002, 1:15 AM 2007 in reply to 2002

BTW: milavia...as far as I know the aeroseek banner exchange is still up and working. You can find them on their new URL www.aerobanner.net. It has quite alot members. Unfortunately they currently do not accept new members. I guess most of the websites have the same problems...bandwidth and traffic limits.

Peter.
  •  10-15-2002, 1:36 AM 2008 in reply to 2006

"Hmm...I feel like a beginner....so treat me like that. "
    You are not a beginner. It is just us who fail to provide a userfriendly setup :)

"So could you please describe again (a little more detailed for us slow thinkers) how to access my banner exchange stats."

The problem is that you are using the wrong account. You signed up for the Banner Exchange using the AV**** account. I have moved the Banner Exchange subscription over to your Globemaster account, so you should see it now.
    I will soon delete the AV**** account. I am just trying to get the webmaster to delete the Logos.

There are around 40 members on the list so far. We will provide a public list next time we update our site

We did fix the sign up page :)
  •  10-15-2002, 1:59 AM 2009 in reply to 2008

Oh ok...that was easy. I got it now. A more detailed statistic is not available, is it?
    I really like your Top100 stats...they are perfect. Compared to this the banner stats are a little poor ;)
    I'm far from criticizing avitop.com, I enjoy your great service for the online aviation community.
    But, like every good webmaster, you probably collect proposals of your users for future enhancements, so here are mine:
    Daily or at least weekly stats, showing the banner impressions, clicks and click thru rate.
    This would be perfect to see the success of the banner and we would get the chance to compare the performance of different banner creatives.

Is it really necessary to delete my 2nd account?
    Since we got fooled by our co-operation partners for whom we established the account, we now use it for our second URL.
    It's not against your terms of service to have 2 accounts for 2 different URL's, is it?

Thanks again for your good job,
    Peter.
  •  10-15-2002, 9:10 AM 2010 in reply to 2009

"I really like your Top100 stats...they are perfect. Compared to this the banner stats are a little poor ;) "

Agree - It is just a matter of time before this will be changed.

"Since we got fooled by our co-operation partners for whom we established the account, we now use it for our second URL. "

But a lot of the hits are counted from AV****, so it doesn't say anything about your sites rank.

"It's not against your terms of service to have 2 accounts for 2 different URL's, is it? "

If they both direct you to the exact same site it is. (We interpret the rules :) ) But nothing prevents you from placing the same id logo on both sites (If they are indeed the same site, just with different URL)
  •  10-17-2002, 2:41 PM 2016 in reply to 2009

Hi Peter

Just an update. We improved the Banner Exchange statistics. You are now able to se daily banner impressions, Clicks and Clickthrough percentages. Disregard the statistics for the first two days. Those are just for test purposes. We also added a way to see the banners that are currently being shown in the rotation.

Important:

1. The banners will first show a correct picture of active banners from tomorrow (18 Oct 02)
    2. The banners shown is an indication of which banners were active yesterday.
    3. Don't get upset if you see some banners being blank - i.e. banner not showing. This is not necessarily an indication that a blank banner is being shown on the network. The way the Exchange works a credit is not a credit for very long before your banner is shown and you loose your credit. So if a site goes down - i.e. a blank banner - it of course also stops creating credits and showing banners on other sites, but you may still see a blank banner in the check active banners section since this is a picture of yesterdays traffic.
    The only time where there could be problems is if the banner is placed on a different server than the site. If anybody suspects this, please send me an email.
  •  06-13-2016, 10:50 PM 14562 in reply to 1996

We can discuss the possibility to comply with your request.
  •  07-26-2017, 3:14 PM 15093 in reply to 1996

informative
View as RSS news feed in XML