Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Re: Best F16

•  07-30-2003, 10:52 PM

Re: Best F16

Israel has, or at least will have the best. Block 60s are basically the best that operational F-16s can get, hands - down. With the Block 60s, finally the F-16 gets an avionics suite on par with the latest generation of fighters such as the F-15E, F/A-18E/F, F-22, etc., not to mention a much more powerful engine. Oh, and did I mention the conformal tanks and increased range. So technically, yes, Israel has or should soon have the best. Why we don't make such an F-16 ourselves is beyond me. I swear, sometimes it seems as if the Air Force is always trying to cut the F-16 short in terms of which planes get the greater amount of money / production numbers. I mean, both the F-16 AT (Falcon 21) and the F-16X were potential threats to the F-22 program, mainly because they both offered similar performance at a cheaper price. But as we all know, neither went into production. And then there's my favorite variant of the F-16, the F-16XL, which wasn't put into production not because the F-15E is was a better plane, but because the Air Force wanted McDonnell Douglas to continue production of the F-15. Oh, I will definitely never understand certain ideas in life, particularly the ideas centered around politics. Okay, but enough of my ranting, yes, nothing else in the F-16 family can touch the Block 60s. Block 50/52 F-16s are indeed good, but not that good. End of story.
View Complete Thread