Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Re: Re:can somebody give a hand here, please

•  08-28-2002, 6:24 PM

Re: Re:can somebody give a hand here, please

Hello,

I am a Junior in high school, and also am taking steps to becoming an Airforce fighter pilot. I have researched the steps in depth, and I thought that I might help you out. First of all, you've got three options. You can join the Air Force Academy, sign up for college ROTC, or enlist after obtaining a degree in engeneering, and obtaining some private fight experience. The Academy is extremely competitive, and difficult to get accepted to. Once there, you will face physical an mental challenges like you have never dreamed of. You appilication requires a recomendation from a congress member, good grades and good SAT scores. I suggest you start taking the PSAT for practice, starting with your freshman year. The USAFA means a lot, and you will graduate as a second leutenant. You will need to drop in on your local recruiting office and get the name of the Laison Officer(LO) that sponsors your school. He can tell you what you need to do to prepare for your appilication. College ROTC is not as difficult, and you will take a series of menal and physical tests to determine if you are capable of being a pilot. You will probably get a tuition break, but will be required to serve a determined tour of duty(typically four years) after college, whether you get into pilot training or not. So make sure that you are sure that you are prepared for the tests when the time comes. (The USAFA gives you similar tests too, but will take measures to prepare you) I hope this imformation is usefull to you. Write to the Academy and request a catalogue at this adress:

HQ USAFA/RRS
    2304 Cadet Dr., Suite 200
    USAF Academy CO 80840- 5651

Remember that becoming a fighter pilot takes a lot of work and absolutely NO laziness or procrastination. That wil be your first obstacle. Good Luck! I hope yo make it-
    See you in the wild blue
View Complete Thread