Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Air Force Academy

Last post 10-01-2001, 2:19 PM by anonymous2. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-29-2001, 10:25 PM 1477

Air Force Academy

*** Posted by Norman ***
    Hello, im in high school right now, and i was wondering if any one is part of the Airforce academy. If so, could you please tell how hard it is to get in, and what i should be doing through my four years to get into it? Also, with the ROTC do you have to have good grades etc etc? Thanks alot, and i cant wait, I really want to Join!!
  •  10-01-2001, 6:16 AM 1482 in reply to 1477

Re:Air Force Academy

*** Posted by Justin Haley ***
    I was born and lived in California till i was 13, now i live in the UK and am now 18 and at collage doing my A levels. I also want to go into the USAF. My plan is to finnish my A levels here and then go back to the US to go to University. Now i am very affraid at the moment as all my academic grades are good accept my maths. When it comes to school im very good but once maths comes into the equasion i tend to have a void. Now im very sure that this could and probably will prevent me from becoming what i have always wanted to be (a USAF fighter pilot) But i was wondering if with all my other good grades there is somwhere around my shortcoming in maths.

[Hello, im in high school right now, and i was wondering if any one is part of the Airforce academy. If so, could you please tell how hard it is to get in, and what i should be doing through my four years to get into it? Also, with the ROTC do you have to have good grades etc etc? Thanks alot, and i cant wait, I really want to Join!!]
  •  10-01-2001, 2:19 PM 1501 in reply to 1482

Re:Air Force Academy

*** Posted by run ***
    [I was born and lived in California till i was 13, now i live in the UK and am now 18 and at collage doing my A levels. I also want to go into the USAF. My plan is to finnish my A levels here and then go back to the US to go to University. Now i am very affraid at the moment as all my academic grades are good accept my maths. When it comes to school im very good but once maths comes into the equasion i tend to have a void. Now im very sure that this could and probably will prevent me from becoming what i have always wanted to be (a USAF fighter pilot) But i was wondering if with all my other good grades there is somwhere around my shortcoming in maths.]

In Denmark you have to be good at math, but I talked to some of my fellow american pilots and they say you don't have to be that strong in math in US. You do however have to be strong in math if you pick the academy way, but if you just go to a university, you don't necessarily have to be good at math.

Run
View as RSS news feed in XML