Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

More Hits soon John!!!!

Last post 05-29-1999, 8:57 AM by anonymous2. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-28-1999, 3:26 AM 649

More Hits soon John!!!!

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi Captain,

Good news John, you should soon be receiving more hits to www.jets.dk. I have been able to add your URL to many of the best search engines in the world.

The other good news is that it's all free and you will also receive more awards for www.jets.dk. I have tried my best to promote the site John & I hope everything works out ok for you and www.jets.dk for the future.

Regards

Rapier
  •  05-28-1999, 10:16 AM 650 in reply to 649

Re:More Hits soon John!!!!

*** Posted by run ***
    Hi Rapier

I know your intention is good, but please advise me before you do stuff like that. I've allready put a lot of work into submitting my site, and made a big effort on describing the site & putting a lot of keywords into the searchengines. When somebody submits my site again all that goes down the drain. I'm also rated very high on some of the bigger searchengines that also goes down the drain if you submit on top of my submission. So you have to be really careful about what searcengines my site is submittet to. So please talk to about stuff like that first.

Run

[Hi Captain,

Good news John, you should soon be receiving more hits to www.jets.dk. I have been able to add your URL to many of the best search engines in the world.

The other good news is that it's all free and you will also receive more awards for www.jets.dk. I have tried my best to promote the site John & I hope everything works out ok for you and www.jets.dk for the future.

Regards

Rapier]
  •  05-28-1999, 7:05 PM 654 in reply to 650

Sorry for the distress.

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    To RUN,

I am really sorry I did not consult you about adding your URL to the search engines. I was aware though of the hard work you put into creating key words etc & I took the liberty to build further on your own list meaning that the search criteria has now doubled.

Please understand also that I did not suscribe the information with your name so it will not get confused with the work that you previously did in submiting your site even though it has the same URL. All that will happen is that the key fields get updated (adding more key names to the ones already there, your own will not change) to expand the search and make it easier for people to find your site. I also made sure that the companies I submited your URL to are NOT Banner sites so you should not receive any, if you do please direct them immediately to me John and I will take care of them for you so you can concentrate on building your site up.

If I receive any e-mails with relevant and important messages relating to your site I will forward them on to you. These may be things like award notifications and other relevant news.

Once again, please accept my appology if this has caused you any distress, I am truly sorry. In the future I will make sure to discuss things in more detail with you and will not do anything without your permission. If you feel that you want this back to normal notify me as soon as possible and I will get everything restored.

Yours sicerely

Rapier

•  05-28-1999, 7:42 PM 657 in reply to 654

Re:Sorry for the distress.

*** Posted by run ***
    When you submit new keywords to a searchengine the old ones are deleted. Besides you can't see what keywords I put into the searchengine, so I don't know where you got that idea from.
    run

[To RUN,

I am really sorry I did not consult you about adding your URL to the search engines. I was aware though of the hard work you put into creating key words etc & I took the liberty to build further on your own list meaning that the search criteria has now doubled.

Please understand also that I did not suscribe the information with your name so it will not get confused with the work that you previously did in submiting your site even though it has the same URL. All that will happen is that the key fields get updated (adding more key names to the ones already there, your own will not change) to expand the search and make it easier for people to find your site. I also made sure that the companies I submited your URL to are NOT Banner sites so you should not receive any, if you do please direct them immediately to me John and I will take care of them for you so you can concentrate on building your site up.

If I receive any e-mails with relevant and important messages relating to your site I will forward them on to you. These may be things like award notifications and other relevant news.

Once again, please accept my appology if this has caused you any distress, I am truly sorry. In the future I will make sure to discuss things in more detail with you and will not do anything without your permission. If you feel that you want this back to normal notify me as soon as possible and I will get everything restored.

Yours sicerely

Rapier

]
  •  05-28-1999, 7:58 PM 660 in reply to 657

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Look John I feel terrible about what I did so I appologise, I will not interfere with your work anymore unless you ask me to help you in some way.

You can easily see what keywords you have typed for your URL by viewing source in the source menu:

<meta name="keywords"
    content="f16, f-16, fighting, falcon, pictures, picture, pilot, run, run's, website, pilots, airforce, danish, new, news, free, java, games, 730squadron, 730, squadron, dansk, danske, billeder, eskadrille, john, raahauge, draken, t17, t-17, gulfstream, hercules, jagerfly, flyvevåben, piloter, flyvemaskiner, jetfly, billede, plane, planes, aircraft, aircrafts, viper, fighter, jets">

It's available to give other people a chance to see what they could do if they wanted to create a similar site to your own.

I'm like King Midas, exept everything I touch turns to shit.

Your forgivness

Rapier

[When you submit new keywords to a searchengine the old ones are deleted. Besides you can't see what keywords I put into the searchengine, so I don't know where you got that idea from.
    run]

•  05-28-1999, 8:48 PM 661 in reply to 660

*** Posted by run ***
    I wasn't talking about the Meta tags. A lot of searchengines don't take the Meta tags into consideration and ask you to submit different keywords & those were the ones I was talking about
    Not to worry, you are forgiven I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing. Please understand that I really do appreciate your help. I

Run
    [Look John I feel terrible about what I did so I appologise, I will not interfere with your work anymore unless you ask me to help you in some way.

You can easily see what keywords you have typed for your URL by viewing source in the source menu:

<meta name="keywords"
    content="f16, f-16, fighting, falcon, pictures, picture, pilot, run, run's, website, pilots, airforce, danish, new, news, free, java, games, 730squadron, 730, squadron, dansk, danske, billeder, eskadrille, john, raahauge, draken, t17, t-17, gulfstream, hercules, jagerfly, flyvevåben, piloter, flyvemaskiner, jetfly, billede, plane, planes, aircraft, aircrafts, viper, fighter, jets">

It's available to give other people a chance to see what they could do if they wanted to create a similar site to your own.

I'm like King Midas, exept everything I touch turns to shit.

Your forgivness

Rapier
    ]
  •  05-28-1999, 9:07 PM 662 in reply to 661

Thank you kindly

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi RUN,

I thank you for your forgivness, I feel very guilty even now. I presumed that the Meta Tags must be similar or the same as the keywords some how, so this is what I thought were the keywords you entered. I have been stupid to think this.

I also like to thank you for appreciating my help/work because I enjoy doing things for people as it is my nature I cant help that. Like I said in an earlier message I will help you from now on when you request me to. I hope you can do the same for me some day RUN when I get my web site up and running in the future.

Thank you,

Rapier

[I wasn't talking about the Meta tags. A lot of searchengines don't take the Meta tags into consideration and ask you to submit different keywords & those were the ones I was talking about
    Run]
  •  05-28-1999, 9:37 PM 664 in reply to 662

Re:Thank you kindly

*** Posted by run ***
    Well you normally submit the same keywords, but a lot of times searchengines only allow a few keywords & it is in these situations that it is important to select the right ones.

Sometimes a searchengine will rate you different even though you haven't changed a bit on your site. Take for example AltaVista. Last time I submittet I got a good position. If you seek AltaVista for "f16 pictures" you will se what I am talking about ;o)

run
    [Hi RUN,

I thank you for your forgivness, I feel very guilty even now. I presumed that the Meta Tags must be similar or the same as the keywords some how, so this is what I thought were the keywords you entered. I have been stupid to think this.

I also like to thank you for appreciating my help/work because I enjoy doing things for people as it is my nature I cant help that. Like I said in an earlier message I will help you from now on when you request me to. I hope you can do the same for me some day RUN when I get my web site up and running in the future.

Thank you,

Rapier
    ]
  •  05-29-1999, 2:55 AM 666 in reply to 664

I see does...

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    I see, does this mean that you have to change the key words every now and then RUN to acheive a good rating? Can this be done?

Rapier

[---snip---Sometimes a searchengine will rate you different even though you haven't changed a bit on your site. Take for example AltaVista. Last time I submittet I got a good position. If you seek AltaVista for "f16 pictures" you will se what I am talking about ;o)
    run---snip---]
  •  05-29-1999, 8:57 AM 670 in reply to 666

Re:I see does...

*** Posted by run ***
    Well a searchengine like AltaVista use MetaTags & sometimes your rank drops & you can get it back up by submitting it again. It takes a little luck to get a good rank. Sometimes it ranks you like s... & others good. It normally takes 48 hours before you see the result.

run
    [I see, does this mean that you have to change the key words every now and then RUN to acheive a good rating? Can this be done?

Rapier

]
View as RSS news feed in XML