Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

chances of getting in???

Last post 07-22-2008, 12:41 AM by bean22. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-17-2008, 1:04 PM 5624

chances of getting in???

I was lazy really screwed up my freshman and sophmore year each year i would get a cumulative of a 2.9 or a 3.. my 2nd semester of my junior year i got a 3.4. I also got a 26 on my ACT and am a 4 year varsity athlete, i am now dedicated to everything i do, now i workout everyday i run for a hour and do abs and weights, play tennis, and try my hardest ... i am going into my senior year and plan on getting a 4.0. Do i have any chances of getting into the academy? I really want to attend the USAFA! I hope to someday become an astronaut.

*thanks

•  07-21-2008, 6:37 PM 5634 in reply to 5624

Re: chances of getting in???

If your cumulative GPA is a 2.9-3, your chances are not very good, especially with a 26ACT.  Those are both WELL below average. 

You may have a shot a the prep-school.  The application for USAFA doubles as the P-school application.  You may also get a Falcon Foundation scholarship to do a year of prep at a different school.  Some people do a year of college to boost their academics, then reapply.

•  07-22-2008, 12:41 AM 5638 in reply to 5634

Re: chances of getting in???

Im taking the ACT again soon.  If i get a 28 or higher on my act do you think the usafa will reconsider my application?
View as RSS news feed in XML