Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

USAFA questions

Last post 10-25-2007, 9:07 AM by raimius. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-24-2007, 12:12 AM 4794

USAFA questions

Hello. I have been wondering what to do with my life and I have recently become infatuated with the idea of becoming a fighter pilot.  I figure the best way to do this would be to attend the USAFA.  I am currently enrolled in community college in Florida as an undeclared major. This is my first semester so the only classes I am enrolled in are basic english, math, and a few humanities.  In high school I had a weighted GPA of 3.7 and was very involved with sports, held a few captain positions, passed four AP exams, and had 150 hours of community service. I have a few questions about USAFA.

1) Is it even possible for me to transfer?

2) If I was to transfer would any of my classes from community college transfer?

3) Are fighter pilots limited to a specific group of majors?

4) What are my chances of getting accepted?

5) And finally, is there a commitment to be enlisted in the Air Force for a specific number of years after you graduate from USAFA?

Thanks.

•  10-25-2007, 9:07 AM 4797 in reply to 4794

Re: USAFA questions

1. You cannot transfer in the traditional sense.  Everyone here does 4 years at USAFA to graduate.

2. Some of your credits may transfer, or you may validate a few classes if you test well.

3. There are no majors requirements to become a pilot.  If you want to be an engineer or a test pilot, you need a technical major.

4.  I don't know, your stats look fairly good.  Apply and find out.

5. USAFA does not graduate enlisted airmen, its purpose is to commission officers.  There is a 5 year active duty and 3 year reserve committment.

Please go to www.academyadmissions.com and read what they have there for more info.

View as RSS news feed in XML