Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Do I got a good shot at usafa, or is afrotc my only option

Last post 08-24-2007, 10:31 PM by chickenwing07. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-24-2007, 2:21 PM 4651

Do I got a good shot at usafa, or is afrotc my only option

about me -- Im junior in high school
    -------------------------------
    First of all, I know the minimum requirements for the air force academy, but theres 2 problems I have.

-I played baseball in T-ball , little league, state tournaments, aau (travel team), and middle school ball. I even played all year round, in the summer and the winter. It was my life. But when I started high school, I got burnt out on baseball, and so I stopped. It's not that I dont like to get involved or anything...I just got tired of it.  -- So should that throw away my chances of getting into USAF because I didnt play high school ball specifically?

-Second problem is the fact that I don't have much community involvement.  I live in a small redneck town in NC, and I tried to look for a civil air patrol unit near me(something interesting), and there wasn't one in my town...figures. About the only thing that I do regularly is go to church 3+ times a week. And just so you know, I have no intentions on being on student government. (I dont think they do anything useful at my school)

After reading that, would you think I would have a better shot at going to USAFA or AFROTC and be a pilot?
  •  08-24-2007, 10:19 PM 4652 in reply to 4651

Re: Do I got a good shot at usafa, or is afrotc my only option

Need to know a lot more, like GPA, ACT/SAT, Class rank, WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, jobs, awards, sports, EC's, etc.
  •  08-24-2007, 10:31 PM 4653 in reply to 4652

Re: Do I got a good shot at usafa, or is afrotc my only option

Class rank is about 30 last time i checked. gpa is 3.5 (getting higher). awards...alot of trophies for baseball/basketball/ other stuff like perfect attendance.
    jobs = nothing
    sports = baseball up to middle school, basketball one year in elementary. no community involvement except church. no clubs at school.
View as RSS news feed in XML