Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

science/math choices

Last post 07-01-2007, 6:31 PM by CAPman21. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-01-2007, 10:38 AM 4479

science/math choices

I’m taking biology my junior year than physics my senior, will this affect my chances?  Also my school does not offer trig.  What should be my senior year alternative? Right now I’m signed up as a junior for algebra III it's a regular class (I usually only take pre-AP or AP, I’m taking it cause all my other classes are AP and I didn't want to kill myself by overloading) my letter grade will be higher in this class but would it be better to go ahead and take pre-AP pre calculus? if i take algebra III junior year i plan to take pre-AP pre calculus or AP stats my senior

FYI: I do not plan to major in a math field

•  07-01-2007, 6:31 PM 4480 in reply to 4479

Re: science/math choices

I don't think that it would necessarily change your chances as long as you have chemistry in there somewhere.  The best thing that you can do would be to take pre-AP calculus and then stats your senior year.  You want to challenge yourself at school because the workload at USAFA will be much harder than anything you will experience in high school. The pre-calculus and stats will also help you to prepare for math at USAFA and make the transition to calc. easier.  Unless you think alg. III is the better choice for yourself, I would recommend challenging yourself by taking precalc and stats.
View as RSS news feed in XML