Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Does the military discrimanate against color???

Last post 01-20-2007, 7:29 PM by KenV. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-05-2006, 7:02 PM 3817

Does the military discrimanate against color???

Dear fellow member. This might sound kind of funny and i am not trying to come cross a certain way but I must know. Does the military still disrimanate against people of other races/colors and there for restrict them of certain opportunities. Especially in the air force since I want to be a pilot so badly. My dad is always telling me about about how unfair the militay is when it comes to treating people of the minority region the same as the majorities. Some one please fill me in. 
  •  12-06-2006, 10:09 AM 3820 in reply to 3817

Re: Does the military discrimanate against color???

I am not employed by the US Air Force, but the Danish, but during my 4 years at Sheppard AFB, TX I didn't see the slightest hint of discrimination.

•  12-11-2006, 5:30 PM 3832 in reply to 3817

1st and foremost, theres only one color in the military and its the color of the uniform. There are high standards to be made and kept while you serve the country. Becoming a pilot probably requires you to go above & beyond those standards. I wont go much into detail of whats involved cause i honestly dont know but i do know its Very challenging - physically & mentally testing your limits regardless or the color of your skin or race.

They want only the best flying their aircrafts. I believe the military has every right to be selective on who flies their multi-million dollar aircrafts.  

I dont think the military treats ANYONE unfairly due to the color of their skin or race. It is afterall a way of life being in the military. If you lack knowledge, you will get trained. thats fair right? If you lack discipline, you will face the consequences of your actions. Thats fair enough aint it?

The Military puts its people where they need to be. Its not your race,gender,age that determines where you go/what you do. Theres quite honestly NO place for discrimination in the military and there are rules in place to ensure it doesnt happen & they train how to recognize and report it.

•  01-20-2007, 7:29 PM 3962 in reply to 3817

The military discriminate against blacks?  Ever heard of Collin Powell?  He's a black man that made it to the very top in the military.  The very top.  And he started his military career way back when blacks had all sorts of problems in the non-military professional world. 

There are many many very high ranking African American officers in all the services and very many high ranking non-comm soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen. 

And there are very many African American pilots in all the services and even in the astronaut corps.  If you've got the smarts (need a college degree to be a pilot), the ambition, and the physical abilities, your race, ethnicity, and even your gender (women can now be combat pilots) don't matter at all.  Not at all.

View as RSS news feed in XML