Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

The Day in the Life of an Air Force Fighter Pilot????????!!!!!

Last post 11-07-2006, 2:29 AM by nicksiam. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-19-2004, 8:49 PM 2477

The Day in the Life of an Air Force Fighter Pilot????????!!!!!

i want to know what an Air Force Fighter pilot would do in a day. What would a busy day be like and what would a slow day be like? Is it all about flying. Is there paper work involved. What days do u get off? What do u do in peacetimes? Can any just tell about being a Fighter Pilot?

*************************************Thnx','
    D_Rock
  •  04-20-2004, 8:59 PM 2479 in reply to 2477

Re: The Day in the Life of an Air Force Fighter Pilot????????!!!!!

can somebody please reply?
    It would help me out a buch!

*************************************thnx
    D_Rock
  •  04-21-2004, 12:00 AM 2481 in reply to 2479

Hi D

Depending on the missions you are going to fly there will be some planing you have to do. (Tactics, Maps etc.) Then the mission has to be briefed, flown and afterwards debriefed.
    Two of these sessions can easily take up a hole workday.
    If you only fly one time there is plenty of paperwork they will let you do. (planing of upcoming exercises, flight safety, checking pubs, reading books and getting smarter) You always have to be up to speed with the newest tactics, weapons, counter measures etc. (yours and your enemies)
    In the beginning you will fly a lot, but still help with the planning a lot. Later you may end up in a desk job and not fly at all. Only very few get to fly till retirement (final) in the Fighter World.
  •  04-21-2004, 6:59 PM 2482 in reply to 2481

Thanks Run
    If possible or if u feel like it, could you tell me what kind of missions there are and which are the funnest. and maybe elaborate a little on what an exciting day would be like? What kind of things go on in the breifing. what do u do in the mission.

i am asking these questions because of a project. i have to interview somebody over the internet or personally. also for my own curiosity because im a seriously considering the air force. so if you could help me out again that would be great.

******************************************thnx
    D_Rock
  •  03-13-2005, 2:11 PM 2838 in reply to 2477

Whats up!^!

No im not a fighter pilot so I cant tell you about that sort-of stuff.  But  I do know that yes there is paperwork involved.  Although im not sure how much but there is, and thats cool with me as long as I get to fly a jet.  Ha anyway hope I helped sure it wasnt much but its all I got.

ahhh paperwork oh well..............Crying

•  03-15-2006, 11:37 PM 3282 in reply to 2477

if ur a piolt in ausralia u usually site around while they do check ups on the plane and then u take it 4 a test run, bring it back tell them any problems and they fix it
  •  06-28-2006, 6:21 PM 3458 in reply to 2481

I was wondering how often (about) an american fighter pilot gets re-stationed and goes to a new base?
  •  11-07-2006, 2:29 AM 3683 in reply to 2477

View as RSS news feed in XML