Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

What kind of Chance do I have?

Last post 07-12-2006, 12:51 PM by americanstrategist. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-11-2006, 10:43 AM 3480

What kind of Chance do I have?

Hello,  Im a sophomore in high school about to go into my junior year and I was wondering if there's anything I could do better inorder to increase my chances of getting into the academy. Iv'e accomplished these things so far...Member of Civil Air Patrol, numerous awards recived.  Have close to a 4.0 GPA.  Top 10% of my class.  A total of above 150 hours community servive. In athletics im in track, football and powerlifting.  In National Honor Society.  President of Student Council.  State President in Business Professionals of America.  1400 on SAT, and a high score on ACT too.  Already contacted my Senator and have kept in touch.  And im on the mailing list for the Academy.

Thanks for the help.

•  07-11-2006, 2:50 PM 3481 in reply to 3480

Re: What kind of Chance do I have?

It sounds like you are boasting.  Just keep up the good work and always try your best.
  •  07-11-2006, 3:16 PM 3482 in reply to 3481

No I wasn't trying to boast. I was just wondering if there was anything else I needed to do to improve my chances? Sorry if it seemed like boasting though, I didn't mean for it to be.
  •  07-12-2006, 12:51 PM 3483 in reply to 3482

I was just kidding-I meant that you have an excellant resume.  It sounds like your schedule is very busy so you wouldn't want to do too much.  What you have now should get you into the USAFA with no problems.  I don't think that there is anything in particular that you need now.  I think that your chances right now are just about as good as they can get. 
View as RSS news feed in XML