Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Becoming a Fighter Pilot

Last post 06-26-2006, 7:44 PM by CAPman21. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-12-2006, 9:51 AM 3417

Becoming a Fighter Pilot

Hi my name is Billy im getting ready to get into my senior year. I did not do so well in school the first High School year(freshman) and it greatly screwed up my cumulative gpa. Since then ive been working really hard to get my gpa back to a good gpa like a 3.00+. I know I probably wont make it to the Air Force Academy so I am going to go to Purdue University because they have one of the best flying schools around. When I get out of Purdue im hoping to have my pilot license and instructor ratings. Im also wanting to go through the Air Force ROTC while im in college. After i get out of college im heading straight to the Air Force and hopefully ill do good enough to make it to my dream career being a Air Force Fighter Pilot.

Thanks for your time,

Billy

•  06-12-2006, 1:49 PM 3418 in reply to 3417

Re: Becoming a Fighter Pilot

Still apply, you never know what will happen.  This way later in life you will not ask yourself the question "Could I have made it?"
  •  06-26-2006, 7:44 PM 3441 in reply to 3418

Re: Becoming a Fighter Pilot

Exactly, and remember it is not only your gpa that gets you into the academy.  You can compensate for a low gpa by doing well on the SAT or ACT and having really good extracurriculars.  Also, if you are a senior and planning on applying you better start right now.
View as RSS news feed in XML