Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

USAFA- Classes prior to getting in?

Last post 06-08-2006, 12:15 PM by CAPman21. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-09-2005, 4:14 PM 2909

USAFA- Classes prior to getting in?

Hey, quick question...  I'm currently a sophomore in high school, and am starting to take harder and harder courses in hopes of one day going to the Air Force Academy.  However, I was wondering what types of classes they look for specifically...  Next year, I'll be in Honors Chemstry and AP World History (college course offered in h/s) and hopefully several others to come.  Our local college also offers several classes that are open to high school students if they can test into that class.  Would those count as college level, and would the academy see that you look these college classes and look at them similarly to Honors or AP?  I know for sure that they will count for college credit, but how much would they help?  Any comments or suggestions from those who have "been there" would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks- 
  •  06-08-2006, 12:15 PM 3401 in reply to 2909

Re: USAFA- Classes prior to getting in?

Take as many college and AP level classes as you can.  They would count the college classes equal to the AP courses because AP classes are college classes, just in a high school.  You want to do as well as you can in these classes, to improve your admission chances, but once you get there it is more about knowing the knowledge from these classes so you can do well in academy classes.
View as RSS news feed in XML