Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Interested in attending the Air Force Academy...Currently a sophomore in college.

Last post 06-05-2006, 12:20 PM by CAPman21. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-05-2005, 10:30 AM 3023

Interested in attending the Air Force Academy...Currently a sophomore in college.

Hello, I'm currently a sophomore in college, and I was wondering if it is possible to transfer to the Air Force Academy, and if so, how does it work? Will I have to start over as a freshman, or will I be able to transfer credits in? Would the admittance process be more difficult for me than for someone who's still in high school? I had pretty good SAT scores(1400+) and I currently have a 4.0 GPA. Any input or advice is greatly appreciated.

Jon
  •  06-05-2006, 12:20 PM 3389 in reply to 3023

Re: Interested in attending the Air Force Academy...Currently a sophomore in college.

You will not be able to transfer to the Air Force Academy.  You have to go through the admissions process again and will start as a fourth classman.  You may be able to take more advanced courses if you validate certain ones by taking tests at the beginning of your fourth class year and then you will start in more advanced courses as a fourth classman.  As for admissions your stats look really good, but still make sure you have athletics, at least 100 hrs. of community services, and several other extracurricular groups with one or two leadership positions in them.
View as RSS news feed in XML