Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Hits very low

Last post 10-06-2000, 8:01 AM by anonymous2. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-30-2000, 6:46 AM 1204

Hits very low

*** Posted by Kalani O'Sullivan ***
    I know my site is not in the same class of the high-traffic superior sites represented here, but I don't understand how my average hits are "1" per day. I've watched my counter climb by a "100" but my hits on your site are nil. I placed the logo on the front page and I don't know what I've done wrong. The code doesn't appear to have been modified in any way. What's wrong?
  •  09-30-2000, 12:52 PM 1207 in reply to 1204

Re:Hits very low

*** Posted by run ***
    Hi Kalani

Could you please give me your page URL, then I will take a look.

John

[I know my site is not in the same class of the high-traffic superior sites represented here, but I don't understand how my average hits are "1" per day. I've watched my counter climb by a "100" but my hits on your site are nil. I placed the logo on the front page and I don't know what I've done wrong. The code doesn't appear to have been modified in any way. What's wrong? ]
  •  09-30-2000, 12:59 PM 1208 in reply to 1207

My URL is http://www.geocities.com/kalanio_99/

Thank you for your help. Kalani

[Hi Kalani

John

I know my site is not in the same class of the high-traffic superior sites represented here, but I don't understand how my average hits are "1" per day. I've watched my counter climb by a "100" but my hits on your site are nil. I placed the logo on the front page and I don't know what I've done wrong. The code doesn't appear to have been modified in any way. What's wrong? ]
  •  10-04-2000, 12:54 AM 1209 in reply to 1208

*** Posted by run ***
    Hi Kalani

If you are not showing the correct amount of visitor the reason could be one of the following:

- I checked your site. I probably won't make a difference, but try to use the same linebreaks in the code as on my site.
    - The most probable cause is that the logo (1x1) gif doesn't load before the user clicks on to another page on your site. If the logo load you will get a hit.
    The reason that it doesn't load is because you have got a lot of nice stuff: graphics, music etc. that has to load before the javascript executes and loads the little logo & the user is probably gone to another page on your site.
    You can either place the logo higher or on more pages to fix this.
    - Sometimes other code on the page interferes with the logocode (geocities maybe)

If this doesn't help I can try and send you a modified code that probably will help for you. Just send me an email if you need further assistance.

John

[My URL is http://www.geocities.com/kalanio_99/

Hi Kalani

John

I know my site is not in the same class of the high-traffic superior sites represented here, but I don't understand how my average hits are "1" per day. I've watched my counter climb by a "100" but my hits on your site are nil. I placed the logo on the front page and I don't know what I've done wrong. The code doesn't appear to have been modified in any way. What's wrong? ]
  •  10-06-2000, 8:01 AM 1211 in reply to 1209

Sir:

I believe it has something to do with Geocities. I placed the logo on
    another page -- per instructions that this was possible as long as located
    in the same root directory -- and the logo does not appear at all. Today the logo on the "front page" disappeared...

I will "hard link" the logo to your site and bypass the code altogether. The number of hits to my site is really irrelevant. Hits or ranking is NOT important to me. My site is unique in that most visitors do NOT come in the front door (where the logo is) anyway. Most vet sites link directly to the specific unit URLs. Thus I will always have low "front page" hits.

As I said before, hits or ranking is NOT my primary concern. My major concern is being "dropped" from
    the list altogether because of low ratings. I would rather be at the bottom of a high-quality aviation-specific list than at the top of generalized military list. Will my listing be dropped?

Kalani

[Hi Kalani

If you are not showing the correct amount of visitor the reason could be one of the following:

- I checked your site. I probably won't make a difference, but try to use the same linebreaks in the code as on my site.
    - The most probable cause is that the logo (1x1) gif doesn't load before the user clicks on to another page on your site. If the logo load you will get a hit.
    The reason that it doesn't load is because you have got a lot of nice stuff: graphics, music etc. that has to load before the javascript executes and loads the little logo & the user is probably gone to another page on your site.
    You can either place the logo higher or on more pages to fix this.
    - Sometimes other code on the page interferes with the logocode (geocities maybe)

If this doesn't help I can try and send you a modified code that probably will help for you. Just send me an email if you need further assistance.

John

My URL is http://www.geocities.com/kalanio_99/

Hi Kalani

John

View as RSS news feed in XML